Hyndman Transport Ltd., established in 1937, provides over the road and intermodal transportation services including dry van, hazmat, high risk, livestock, and logistics services to customers across Canada, the US and Mexico. Hyndman is a Canadian-operated member of the Celadon Group with two terminals in Canada, a focused network of facilities positioned throughout North America, over 400 trucks, 450 employees and drivers and access to 10,000 trailers in North America.
The HR Coordinator will work closely with the CFO, as well as line managers to support the Canadian business through facilitating all Human Resources functions and transactional activities to support the business objectives. The incumbent is the point-person for frontline leaders in the field for any day-to-day HR related issues including but is not limited to compensation and benefits, training and development, project management and analytics/process improvement. The HR Coordinator will have excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, a high level of confidentiality, and the ability to work extremely well with tight deadlines while managing a large workload are additional key attributes required for this role.
- Demonstrates an awareness and commitment to a safe work environment. Understands the safety objectives of the organization and supports these by taking action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviours do not occur.
- Promotes Health & Safety initiatives/program and participates in Safety activities within the Product Lines.
HR Generalist & Administration
- Supports the field managers with day to day transactional HR related issues, program & policy questions. (i.e. Navigating Workday, policy queries, etc.) Serves as the primary point of contact between the field and the HR Service Center.
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and direction to staff on issues of employee relations, HR & organizational policies and procedures
- Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organizational objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manages and maintains shared HR drive and represents Canada on updates to central HR systems
- Supports the administration of annual HR activities including but not limited to: Succession Planning, mid-year reviews, performance appraisals and development plans
- Supports HR and operational staff to drive consistency for transactional HR activities in the business. (Announcements, Org Charts, Compliance Administration, etc.)
- Maintains historical HR records and ensuring record keeping.
- Provides functional support to the HR team associated with various HR processes, procedures, policies, programs and requirements.
- Prepares offer letters, Job Descriptions, etc as required while overseeing new hire administrative processes, and employee on-boarding and training.
- Supports compensation and benefits activities such as bonus, merit increases, special pays, tuition reimbursement and compensation analysis.
Project Management & Team Objectives
- Works collaboratively with our US parent company Celadon Trucking regarding HR and shared services teams on common objectives and deliverables
- Uses a professional project management approach to complete assigned projects, including: establishing the project parameters, deadlines, budget, and methodologies.
- Completes projects on time, on budget, with a high quality result.
- Acts in a manner that demonstrates a desire to collaborate, share, and leverage best practices.
Analytics & Process Improvements
- Provides key analytics and information on area of responsibility to support business objectives, report requests, etc.
- Continues to look for ways to streamline and improve HR processes, not only in the area to identify and implement processes necessary to eliminate duplication of work and reduce overall administrative burden.
Relationships With Others’ Jobs
- This role will have a high level of interaction with Recruitment, along with operational and business line managers.
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business or Human Resources preferred
- 1-3 years HR Coordinator/Generalist experience
- Obtained or working towards a CHRP designation
- Bilingual – English & French would be an asset
Knowledge And Skills
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills with high degree of thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other applications
- Ability to multi-task and process oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of customer focus, business understanding, and time management are required.
- Action Oriented
- Managing through Systems
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Priority Setting
- Communication skills
If interested, please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank everyone for applying; however, only the applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com