Hyndman Transport has immediate job openings for 310T Licensed Truck Mechanics to work out of our facility located in Ayr, ON for the weekend shift (Friday to Monday – 7:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.).
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a Truck Mechanic you will be a key member of our team. You will perform all aspects of transportation equipment repair and maintenance safely, with attention to quality service. $29-$37 per hour based on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Include but not limited to:
- Inspection, diagnosis and repair of trucks & trailers through preventative and scheduled maintenance
- Conducting annual safety inspections
- Performing general vehicle repairs on electrical and/or pneumatic systems including tires, brakes, welding in a licensing station.
- Follow Hyndman’s standard work order process and procedures, ensuring detailed, accurate and timely records
- Ability to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Contributing to the maintenance of a clean and safe facility, following company safety policies and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Other various duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
Successful candidates will require:
- A cooperative team player attitude with a positive work ethic
- 310T Licensed Truck Mechanic preferred
- 2 years of related work experience preferred
- Experience operating hand and air tools
- Ability to lift heavy parts (i.e. brake drums)
- Knowledge of transportation industry and regulations
- Good written and communication skills
- Above average wages
- A comprehensive benefits & R.R.S.P. package
- Full-time employment
- State of the art workshop
- Boot & tool allowance
- A safe and cooperative work environment
- Continuous training
- Uniforms provided
- Shift premiums available
- Exciting corporate culture with bi-weekly summer B.B.Q.’s and other employee events
- Bonuses available for years of loyal service
If interested, please fill out the form and attach your resume below.
For any other inquiries, please contact email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank everyone for applying; however, only the applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org