Hyndman Transport has an immediate job opening for a Licensed 310J Trailer Service Apprentice to work out of our facility located in Ayr, ON.
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a Service Apprentice you will be a key member of our team. You will perform all aspects of transportation equipment repair and maintenance safely, with attention to quality service. $18-20 per hour based on experience. Maintenance shop operates 24/7 – all shifts available.
- Maintain fleet of company owned trailers
- Complete Preventative/Corrective & scheduled maintenance
- Ability to diagnose and complete required repairs
- Complete safety inspections/ annual inspections
- Occasional roadside service/we provide service vehicle
- Ensure company equipment is in Safe Operating order in compliance with Laws/legislation
- Complete work orders – basic computer skills required
- Communicate any additional information or additional repairs needed to manager
- Perform duties in a safe manner/Wear required PPE
- Ability to keep work area clean & free of hazards
- Seeking Hardworking & Dependable individuals
- 310J Certification
- Open to 1st year apprentices (dependant on experience)
- Experience shunting vehicles in yard (is an asset)
- General Knowledge of Shop processes
- Knowledge with various Makes/Models of Trailers
- Knowledge of Ministry of transportation rules/regulations
- Knowledge of the Transportation industry
- Valid Drivers license with own transportation.
- Welding & Electrical experience an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Boot & Tool allowance
- A safe work environment
- Continuous training
- Uniforms provided
- Shift premiums available
- Personal time off days
- State of the art new shop facility
If interested, please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank everyone for applying; however, only the applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com