Hyndman Transport has immediate job openings for 310J Licensed Trailer Mechanics to work out of our facility located in Ayr, ON for the weekend shift (Friday to Monday – 7:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.).
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a Trailer Mechanic you will be a key member of our team. You will perform all aspects of transportation equipment repair and maintenance safely, with attention to quality service. $26-$31 per hour based on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Include but not limited to:
- Inspection, diagnosis and repair of trailers through preventative and scheduled maintenance
- Conducting annual safety inspections
- Performing general vehicle repairs on electrical and/or pneumatic systems including tires, brakes, welding, roof repairs, landing gear in a licensing station
- Follow Hyndman’s standard work order process and procedures, ensuring detailed, accurate and timely records
- Ability to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Contributing to the maintenance of a clean and safe facility, following company safety policies and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Other various duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
Successful candidates will require:
- A cooperative team player attitude with a positive work ethic
- 310J Licensed Trailer Mechanic preferred
- 2 years of related work experience preferred
- Experience servicing fleet equipment, processing inventory, working with electronic work order management systems
- Using proper P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Ability to lift heavy parts (i.e. brake drums)
- Knowledge of transportation industry and regulations
- Good written and communication skills
- Above average wages
- A comprehensive benefits & R.R.S.P. package
- Full-time employment
- State of the art workshop
- Boot & tool allowance
- A safe and cooperative work environment
- Continuous training
- Uniforms provided
- Shift premiums available
- Exciting corporate culture with bi-weekly summer B.B.Q.’s and other employee events
- Bonuses available for years of loyal service
If interested, please fill out the form and attach your resume below.
For any other inquiries, please contact email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank everyone for applying; however, only the applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
Hyndman is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Accommodations are available for persons with disabilities during all stages of the employment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org