Hyndman Transport has an immediate job opening for a 310T Truck and/or 310J Trailer Service Apprentice to work out of our facility located in Ayr, ON.
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a Service Apprentice you will be a key member of our team. You will perform all aspects of transportation equipment repair and maintenance safely, with attention to quality service. $18-25 per hour based on experience.
- Maintain fleet of company owned trucks & trailers
- Complete Preventative/Corrective & scheduled maintenance
- Ability to diagnose and complete required repairs
- Complete safety inspections/annual inspections
- Ensure company equipment is in Safe Operating order in compliance with Laws/legislation
- Complete work orders – basic computer skills required
- Communicate any additional information or additional repairs needed to manager
- Perform duties in a safe manner/Wear required PPE
- Ability to keep work area clean & free of hazards
- Seeking Hardworking & Dependable individuals
- Open to all apprentice levels (including 1st year)
- Experience shunting vehicles in yard (is an asset)
- General Knowledge of Shop processes
- Knowledge with various Makes/Models of Trailers and Trucks
- Knowledge of Ministry of transportation rules/regulations
- Knowledge of the Transportation industry
- Experience servicing fleet equipment, processing inventory, working with electronic work order management systems
- Using proper P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Valid Drivers license with own transportation
- Welding & Electrical experience an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Above average wages
- A comprehensive benefits & R.R.S.P. package
- Full-time employment
- Opportunities for advancement
- State of the art workshop
- Boot & tool allowance
- A safe and cooperative work environment
- Continuous training
- Uniforms provided
- Shift premiums available
- Exciting corporate culture with bi-weekly summer B.B.Q.’s and other employee events
- Bonuses available for years of loyal service
If interested, please fill out the form and attach your resume below.
For any other inquiries, please contact email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank everyone for applying; however, only the applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
Hyndman is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Accommodations are available for persons with disabilities during all stages of the employment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org