FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the requirements to be an OTR driver?
- We prefer company drivers have their FAST card, but we do not require it.
- Proof of Border Crossing Documents if you do not have the FAST card yet (ALL drivers must be eligible to cross the U.S. border)
Where is orientation & will I be paid?
We hold a 2.5 day orientation at our Ayr, ON terminal. Company drivers receive a $150.00 stipend. Travel, in-house accommodations and some meals are provided for long-distance travelers.
What is Hyndman’s rider policy?
Drivers are allowed to have a rider, call us at (800) 332-0515 for more details.
What are the requirements to become a driver at Hyndman?
- Valid AZ (Class 1) Driver’s License
- 6 months of verifiable, applicable tractor-trailer experience within the past 36 months
- Current Abstract and CVOR in good standing – less than 30 days old
- Criminal record search is in good standing – less than 6 months old
- Current medical certificate
What can I expect from Hyndman’s operations?
Our operations focus heavily on safety. Drivers must be C-TPAT, ACE & FAST certified. We offer satellite communications; and each driver is assigned a driver manager. We have terminals strategically placed across North America. We have consistent traffic lanes; high frequency of inter-plant moves; and the highest frequency of trailers to tractors in the industry (more than 3 trailers per tractor). Drivers are permanently assigned tractors — no slip-seating!